Monday, April 23, 2007

the spirit shall run amuck

ahh...the people, so many of them
they tire me
i feel awkward
Often times I don't know how to act
or to react

so many personalities
they split me
and stifle me
i feel gagged
and choked too
my spirit reined in
my soul entangled
but the mesh shall not hold me long

aah..the people...
they measure you
they take you in
they interpret you
body, mind and soul
and you are at display
you need to breathe
break free
tell them all
think all you can you fools, do all you can you bearers of wisdom
the spirit shall break free
and run amuck

I am the child of the wild
I am the child of unrealized dreams
while in the womb, my mother whispered to me
how she wanted me to be free
I was bred to be untamed
like a wild horse let loose
a disruptive force
within and without

you shall not hold me down
no god...do what you will
the spirit shall rise yet again
and run amuck

the heart will bleed
the soul will hurt
and hurt bad
but the spirit will be untouched
and will run wild

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful work. An excellent description of a "Free-Spirit". 'Been there-done that' and will always have to in some manner. I can truly relate & empathize. "Somehow, they'll (someone/something) always try to hold you down. The answer to overcome their attempts is to establish an existence on 'higher ground'. From time to time, you'll have to descend, in order re-establish your materialized form. But, use 'Self-control' from beginning to end, or you'll cease to exist like a passing storm. 'Kindred Spirits' are all around to assist you by request. Just recognize them, ask & they'll help you to be your very best".

saurabh said...

Awesome work